Saturday, August 25, 2012

text: brain scramble

With One Synchronous Object by William Forsythe, a collaborative project with Advanced Computing Center for the Arts and Design and Ohio State University, strives to make more concrete the impermanence of dance, and to explain how dancing works. “Dance is not materialized in a way that affords a reading, a sustained reading like you have in the sciences and visual arts. The sciences have their documents and the arts have their objects…. we don’t have anything that people could read and examine at their leisure… there is no way people could study what we do. And there is no way to publish ideas…” With Digital new media “can now publish the dance and the idea at the same time” where previously  it wasn’t possible to reflect on the dance as the dance would already be gone. (quotes: Forsythe, ‘Interview with W.Forsythe @ Hellerau, Dresden, Germany http://www.dance-tech.net/video/interview-with-william)  

====================


"that Forsythe's interest in Libeskind is not his 'deconstruction' but his operations on drawing, and that the consequences for ballet are not so much to valorise moments of disappearing but to make ballet's highly evolved sense of counterpoint central"

USE THIS QUOTE to support my approach of focusing on drawing and dance. And I think it is surprising that just the other day I held in my hands my copy of a Libeskind book full of drawings that made me think surely this would, could, somehow connect to Forsythe and his choreography! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you leave a comment it may take a while for me to find it. I don't check this old research gathering blog very often these days. it is 2021 - about 10 years since I last added to this collection. But I hope that you find some of the material I gathered for my dissertation helpful.